Learn the latest skills
Through an interactive approach, Consolidating Good CLIL Practice course offers participants a substantial storehouse of practical high-impact ideas for adaptation in their context in order to enhance student learning. It also has participants explore key concepts underlying teaching and learning in CLIL contexts. Practical ideas will be backed up with research evidence so the most effective practices can be identified and applied. There will be opportunities to share with and learn from course participants.
The key topics will be intended learning objectives / outcomes, formative assessment and feedback, critical thinking and scaffolding. These topics will be introduced in an interactive lecture, followed by individual / group work on each topic. Participants will have opportunities to share their experiences and expertise on the topics and create plans for introducing new strategies in their practice.
Some of the objectives aim at acquiring new strategies and competences specific t CLIL, consolidating understanding of the essential features of Content and Language Learning (CLIL) / bilingual teaching and learning and other.
Upskill your organization
Target group are coordinators of international projects, the school management, teachers, special education teachers and all other non-teaching experts and staff working in school education, adult education and VET.
The course covers a wide range of topics that schools need to consider and tackle when consolidating CLIL practices in their school:
- Communication skills
- Literature, languages (incl. CLIL), classical languages
- Pedagogy and didactics, key competences, literacy
- Personal, social and learning
- Intended learning objectives / outcomes,
- Formative assessment and feedback,
- Critical thinking and scaffolding
The course methodology foresees Interactive lectures, hands-on experiential learning activities through individual, pair and/or group work, reflection on own practice vs. teaching and learning methods during the course, continuous feedback and feed-forward from the group and to the group and more.
Earn a certificate
The course participants will get a Certificate of Active Attendance.
The competences acquired will be validated by the course organisers on the Europass mobility.
What makes Euneos the leading course provider in Europe?
Euneos consistently rises to the challenge, empowering our clients with a wide selection of outstanding courses. We're committed to delivering excellence that meets the Quality Standards for courses under Key Action 1 and Rules of application, Annex I - Erasmus Quality Standards, as required by the European Commission.
The Consolidating Good CLIL Practice on-site courses take place in Benalmadena, Malaga, Spain. Consolidating Good CLIL Practice are 7 day courses that start on Sunday afternoon and end on Saturday at 13:00 o'clock.
> planned courses
- 26 November - 2 December 2023, Benalmadena/Malaga, Spain
- 24 - 30 November 2024, Benalmadena/Malaga, Spain
Euneos has an international team of trainers who are the most experienced in the field of their expertise. Meet Euneos' trainers for the Consolidating Good CLIL Practice course:
- Received a Presidential award in Finland for her work on the internationalisation of education
- experience in launching and teaching in CLIL programmes with English as the CLIL language
- taught in primary, secondary, upper secondary and vocational education, and has also worked as a school principal
- teacher trainer in and organiser of CLIL courses, programmes and seminars for over 20 years
- coordinated and taught dozens of CLIL teacher professional development courses across Europe
- involved in a number of national and international CLIL projects, including the CLIL Cascade Network (CCN). CCN involved 21 partner institutions from 14 countries. The network was dedicated to encouraging the use of CLIL in teaching and learning at all levels of education. The project was financed by the European Union from 2007 to 2010
- 2004-2012 Tuula worked as an external evaluator for the European Commission
- 2012–2014, Tuula was based in the United Arab Emirates working for the Abu Dhabi Education Council (2012–2014). Her work there included facilitation of academic reading and writing
- development for teacher professional development and MA programmes
- Award winning author and teacher educator with over 20 years’ experience in delivering courses on bilingual education and CLIL. He has also worked extensively on CLIL programme developmen
- Hands-on experience teaching at the primary, secondary and university levels
- Lead or sole author of: CLIL Essentials for Secondary School Teachers (Cambridge University Press); Uncovering CLIL: Content and Language Integrated Learning in Bilingual and Multilingual; Education (Macmillan); Excellence in Bilingual Education: Guidance for School Principals (Cambridge University Press); Building Bilingual Education Systems: Forces, Mechanisms and Counterweights (Cambridge University Press)
- Currently co-authoring a book on how Estonia has surpassed Finland in Science and Maths results as measured by PISA.
- Worked primarily in Europe and Asia with a wide variety of stakeholders to support the development and management of CLIL programmes, at the primary, secondary and university levels
- extensive experience developing and delivering professional development for teachers, and other CLIL stakeholders in countries as diverse as Brazil, Finland, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Kazakhstan, Mexico, Portugal, Spain, South Korea and Vietnam. This has included one-on-one mentoring in CLIL classrooms
Euneos choice of venues is based on two essentials: delivering professionalism and assuring personal well-being in order to warrant enjoyable course experience.